(meteorobs) Perseids are coming next week! (was Re: Call for guest authors)

Leonis leonis at carolina.rr.com
Thu Aug 5 19:02:03 EDT 2004

With the Perseids coming up next week, I am sure we are all hoping for clear
skies and will be watching the weather forecasts.

I want to remind the list about what I think is the best forecasting tool on
the web at http://cleardarksky.com/

The cloud, transparency, and seeing forecasts are designed for the amateur
astronomer, and are VERY helpful.  There are cleardarksky clocks for
hundreds of locations on the continent, and the data master, Attila Danko
will create one for your site if you provide him with the location
(long/lat).

If you find this site useful, don't forget to become a sponsor and provide a
donation to keep it going.

Let's hope for a good Perseid shower (and clear skies to see it!)
Chuck Urrey
Charlotte, NC