(meteorobs) In Memory of Sidney Ferreira

FELIX A MARTINEZ suejam1 at juno.com
Tue Aug 10 11:20:01 EDT 2004

This was indeed tragic news to hear.  Every report that comes across this
forum, I make it a point to look over carefully and try to think
(sometimes even pray) about the person making the report.  Guess I have
earned the "Tender Warrior" nickname, more often than not as a
sentimental type.  Regardless and more importantly, Our hearts and
prayers go out to that precious widow, Julietta, at this time of her
great loss.  I will admit that before I went out last night to observe, I
read this e-mail below, with tears welling up in my eyes, said a short
prayer, and dedicated the remaining Perseid Period of observing to Sid.
Then I proceeded outside with a sad heart, but with renewed vigor to
observe meteors, as probably Sid would like us to do now.
               With A Heavy Heart & Always in Astronomical Affinity -
Felix