(meteorobs) even the locals are looking up....

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Tue Aug 10 14:27:12 EDT 2004

Arlene,

The "Summer Triangle" consists of the three bright stars Vega (Alpha Lyrae),
Altair (Alpha Aquilae) and Deneb (Alpha Cygni). It's a large triangle which
measures approximately 30 degrees by 30 degrees by 20 degrees. At this time
of year it lies half-way up in the eastern sky at dusk and is lying on the
northwestern horizon at dawn. It's a great place to photograph Perseid
meteors as the background sky contains bright portions of the Milky Way.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford