(meteorobs) (Sandia Meteor Network--Sacramento)--Fireball Business is Picking Up

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 11 12:00:32 EDT 2004

Business is sure picking up as we approach the peak of the Perseid Shower. Last night
my Sandia camera collected 8 fireballs, at least 1/2 near the NE horizon. That's a
high for one night for the camera. Typically get 2 fireballs a week. For the
preceding two nights, 8. Tonight should  be quite interesting. We've been having
smoke along the NE/SE horizon for the last several days from a fire. It has
diminished quite a bit in the last two nights.
--
                  Wayne T. Watson (The Wizard of Obz, Nevada City, CA)
                        Obz Site:  39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W

                          Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA

                         Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>