(meteorobs) the view from here!

arlene arlenecarol at tnn.net
Wed Aug 11 17:36:17 EDT 2004

WOW! Have only been out for about 45 minutes but I'm seeing a great Perseid
display this year. Nice long trails and some interesting colors (pink, gold,
orange). I'm amazed at the number of meteors coming from exactly the same
radiant, almost like being shot out of a cannon in the same direction. I
don't recall that in previous years.

Ok, that was just a quick report. I'm headed back to the terrace for the
'rest of the show'...

For the record, I'm +3UT. Sure hope there's a lot left for you guys to the
west of us to see!!

This year's Perseids are not a disappointment at all!!

Arlene
In Western Turkey along the Aegean Coast