(meteorobs) weather conditions for Perseids max

Kenneth Drake kdrako at txucom.net
Thu Aug 12 03:07:09 EDT 2004

Barbara and any others,

We started the evening clearing beautifully at sunset. Joy and I counted 6
Perseids brighter than 0 mag. with long (over 30 deg.) trains persisting for
several seconds from dark until 23:45 CDT. We also so two sporatics. Our skies
were mag. 6 until it closed up at 23:55 CDT with what looks like broken fog at
about 1500 ft. then gradually worsened to total overcast now at 02:05 CDT. The
cloud layer still appears to be being blown from the north but just keeps
reforming. We will stick it out here in Willis.

Kenneth Drake