(meteorobs) Perseid max from N. FLA

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 10:17:56 EDT 2004

Amazingly, even with two hurricane/tropicalstorms baring down on us, I was able to get a decent look at the Perseid max this morning from St. Augustine.  Good solid show, but nothing above the norm.  Basic data follows, more detailed info later.

St. Aug, Florida   LM  5.4   Sk Cond:  some haze from Bonnie in western sky, 20% cloud

0920 - 1020 UT    51 Perseids   1 Kappa Cygnid,  1 SIA, 8 sporadics  61 total meteors

No fireballs, one -2 Per, and 3 -1 Pers were the brightest.  Some trains, and yellow colored meteor. Also, one point meteor Pers right on the radiant.  Probably lost about 15 o 20 meteors due to ky cond, but all in all I'm pretty pleased!!  Reards to all, Paul in N FL