(meteorobs) Aug 11/12 Persied report

Kim Hay kimhay at kingston.net
Thu Aug 12 13:13:38 EDT 2004

Subject:        	Aug 11/12 Persied report

Here is my Persied Report for Aug 11/12, 2004
Name: Kim Hay
Location: RR#1 Yarker, Ontairo, Canada

Times of observations: 01:19 UT- 05:00 UT
(total teff hours (including breaks) 3:41 hours

Observing area of Sky: Star: Kochab in Ursa Minor

Total Number of Meteors Observed: 123  Persieds 109  Sporadics 14

Magnitude Totals
 -5.00		0
 -4.00		0
 -3.00		0
 -2.50		0
 -2.00		1
 -1.50		0
 -1.00		2
 0.00		8
 1.00		16
 1.50		4
 2.00		56
 2.50		13
 3.00		19
  3.50		4
 4.00		0
 5.00		0

 total Meteors		123

Main Colours Observed, White, White/yellow, White/Grey
trains were present on the Meteors ranging in 5 to 50 degrees

Observations will be sent into NAMN, AMS, ALPO & IMO (via more
detailed spreadsheet

Other Observing Buddies, Kevin Kell & Hank Bartlett.  Temps over the
time ranged from 12.5C to 14.8 C  Limiting magnitude from 6:34 to
6:74

we had cloud in the S/SW/N/NW with lighting in the Northwest which
apprently was a storm over Brancroft.

Kim
Starlight Cascade Observatory
44.3775N   76.7633W  144m