(meteorobs) Perseids SUCCESS from Ottawa, Ontario!!!

Pierre Martin dob14.5 at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 12 14:29:53 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I just got home from Bootland Farm (a site located west of Ottawa,
Ontario).  Just a short note to say that I was rewarded by mainly clear
skies (LM=6.5), decent transparency, except only the occasional fog
banks that would come and go.  It was an unforgettable night that
exceeded my expectations of the weather.

This was the best Perseids show I've seen since the 1997 Perseids
outburst!  I'm sure I was seeing in excess of one meteor per minute on
average.  At times, the activity seemed to be coming down quite fast.
I'm sure I recorded a few hundreds of meteors.  Lots of faint stuff
punctuated by an occasional bright meteor.  I also had two guided SLR
cameras with 50mm lens running for the entire night.

I'll send my full report soon.  I have a full tape on both sides with
data to decode for the past two nights.

What a night!!

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario