(meteorobs) Persieds from San Diego, CA

josephasmus at cox.net josephasmus at cox.net
Thu Aug 12 17:26:23 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Until my heavy workload slows a bit, I can only send a this brief post saying.. OH! How nice to get under those perfect Lm6.0+ San Diego Mountain skies with my ol' pal Bob Lunsfords and watch meteors.  We arrived at 1015pm (local time) and were seeing many meteors already. We both started
recording by 10:45pm.
Activity seemed high and bright.

I only formally recorded from 1045pm-1245am (Local Time)
A brief look at my data shows a total of 75 meteors, including 8 meteors of negative magnitude: [4(-1), 2(-2), 1(-3),1(-5)].  Not too bad seeing that many BRIGHT meteors befrre 1am local time.

Well, that's all for now... Back to work.   Formal data report incl magntude distribution table to follow.

Cheers,

Joseph Assmus
San Diego, CA