(meteorobs) Perseid

Gary Dymond GDYMOND at gov.nl.ca
Thu Aug 12 10:03:27 EDT 2004

Hi,

We had clear skies in Newfoundland, Canada with a good showing of
meteors.I had a personal account of 181 meteor over a five hour period.
Please see data below. When I did the formula for the Zenith hourly rate
I was getting an ZHR of 74 for 0:30 hrs UT and by the 3:30hrs UT my ZHR
was 170. I wondering if my calculation is wrong, but it was a good show.
I off to develop my film to see if I pickup any meteor spectra .

Clear skies
Garry Dymond

DATE: August 11/12
2004
OBSERVER : Garry
Dymond
Location: Butterpot Park, Newfoundland & Labrador,
Canada
Coord:47 degrees 24 minutes,53 degrees 03
minutes

Period
(UT)	-4	-3	-2	-1	0	1	2	3	4
0:30 -