(meteorobs) Perseids spectroscopy

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 12 20:30:59 EDT 2004

on 8/12/04 15:50, Jeremie VAUBAILLON at vaubaill at imcce.fr wrote:

> Hi Ed and you all,
>
> Ed wrote:
>
>> PS: Anyone on meteorobs try spectroscopy?????
>
> Yes : Peter Jenniskens and I did! We observed at Fremont Peak
> (California) and Peter did record a very bright perseid spectra (~mag.
> -4) at the end of the night. He said obvious Oxygen and Nitrogen
> (=triplet) +
> molecular bands are detected ;-)
>
> Jeremie

Jeremie:
    Great!  Was this on film or video?  I'm going to try again tonight if it
is clear.  We have scattered cloud right now but it was the same yesterday
and it cleared off, later!  Hope I have the same luck tonight along with
some bright fireballs.  They seemed to be absent this a.m. at my location.
Jeremy Tatum in Victoria also noted the lack of bright meteors.  Say hi to
Peter and tell him I will have the VHS Leonid video's in the mail in a few
days.  I guess Peter will be going to the conference in London, Ont.  Too
bad I can't get there to meet him, Jiri Borovicka and others!
Ed