(meteorobs) One answer, one question

Kim Hay kimhay at kingston.net
Fri Aug 13 07:40:09 EDT 2004

On 13 Aug 2004 at 4:07, Bruce McCurdy wrote:

Hi Bruce,

I too use a microcassette, and a watch that is for the blind,
attached with velco, to the back of the cassette.  I press the button
on the watch, the time is given and recorded on the cassette.

I picked the watch up at our local CNIB store.  It is also a rooster
alarm clock- it really wakes you up.  Great for starparties.  How
often to you hear a rooster crow at midnight?

> Dustin wrote:
>
> > RECORDING METHOD:  Manual:  Talking watch/paper/pencil
> >    Kept dead time to 1 minute/hour by writing data without looking
> >    at
> paper...
> > (messy writing but keeps my eyes on the sky.)
>
>     Can I recommend you acquire a microcassette recorder? That in
> combination with the talking watch/time cube will have you all set. My
> count method is different (10 minute bins) but with a watch automatic
> timer and a mini-tape recorder, I never took my eye off the sky once
> in five hours last night. (Well, except to pour myself a coffee in the
> dark.)  And I was able to keep track of results for 7 observers.

Kim
Starlight Cascade Observatory
44.3775N   76.7633W  144m
http://www.members.kingston.net/~kimhay