(meteorobs) [West/SW] ALERT! Rocket Re-Entry TODAY at 2:50 PM!!!! Follow Up

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 13 18:07:45 EDT 2004

Well, at around 2:52 I picked it up flying from the north and headed off into ths
southwest, or so it looked. It had a white tail about 5 or so degrees about 20
degrees above the horizon. I saw a couple of flashes as it got directly west. It took
about 5 minutes to disappear into the SW at about 15 degrees elevation. My Sandia
meteor camera did not register the trail. I did get some video, but knocked out a
section by accidentally hitting pause when trying to signal my wife to come outdoors.
--
                  Wayne T. Watson (The Wizard of Obz, Nevada City, CA)
                        Obz Site:  39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W

                          Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA

                         Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>