(meteorobs) Perseid in Iran

pouria nazemi p_nazemi at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 02:34:56 EDT 2004

Hi All
We observed This Year Perseid from Iran,
the first peake at 11/12 Aug, Observed beatwin 12:15 and 1:30 a.m
(LT= 7:45 to 9 p.m GMT) there was not reach to predicate pick but it
was full of fireball and bright meteors.
But in the 2'nd night (12/13 Aug), We observed it from Semnan ( near
thecentral desert of Iran, we had a clear sky with limit mag , 6.4
and we can observed Perseid befor 10 p.m(LT) when the Radient under
horision we observed some bright earth grazer, when radient came up
we observed more Perseid meteor  beatwen 11- 11:45 p.m. (LT) we
counted more than 75 Perseid meteors.
the shower continiued untill morning and we can observed this shower
with many meteors.
this not similer to any Perseid that i obseved before it and it was
so reach with high ZHR
But i have 2 question  why we didint have a good ZHR in first night
and why the regullar pick of Perseid is very high this year ( is
there some thing less than our distance to main sequence of
particles?)