(meteorobs) Re: Charley the nuisance

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 15 08:22:16 EDT 2004

on 8/14/04 22:18, Norman W. McLeod III at nmcleod at peganet.com wrote:

Hello Norman:

    Glad to hear that you and your family are safe from hurricane Charlie.
Sadly, I hear that some others did not fair as well.  I remember being on
deployment in the late 1960s near Eglin AFB at Hurlbert Field.  We were down
there for an annual practice launch of a Bomarc.  A hurricane rolled through
with considerable damage from Ft Walton Beach to New Orleans!  Pretty scary
stuff for a Canadian but we didn't mind too much as we were stranded for a
time in the NCO's Mess!  Lots of good food and refreshments were on hand.
Quite an experience!
    Anyway, I hope it doesn't take too long for everyone to  recover from
this one!

Take care:

Ed