(meteorobs) IMO Shower Circ.: Perseids 3rd analysis

RainerArlt rarlt at aip.de
Sun Aug 15 09:47:16 EDT 2004

> > Aug 12.819  19:39   140.354     25    284    100  +-  6
> > Aug 12.749  17:59   140.287      5     90     77  +-  8
>
> Great! But these time seems to be uncorrect...

Right -- thanks for the note! A wrong date among
the data records had confused the average time given
in the table.

> BTW, have the tradictional and semi-tradictional peak to be
> observed? It seems there're quite few reports during this time.

Still seems to be a problem. I'd be grateful if
more American data can be gathered. Even if you just
made a raw count of Perseids and you happen to have
an estimate of the limiting magnitude for sky and eye
quality, please send your numbers in.

Best wishes,
Rainer

--