(meteorobs) Perseid Report from San Diego, CA: 08-11/12-04 (final)

josephasmus at cox.net josephasmus at cox.net
Mon Aug 16 13:28:56 EDT 2004

Greetings to all:

Below is the summary of my visual observations (paper- pencil recorded) for 2 of the hours I observed the Perseid peak.  Many of you may have read I observed the peak with my local meteor hero Bob Lunsford...  it is always a great pleasure to watch a meteor shower with someone having the depth of knowledge and experience that Bob does! He truly is the "meteor answer-man!"  (anyone reading this can read Robert's post of the same night to get more complete details of the outing.  I sat facing facing the same general direction as Bob).

Again, thanks to all the list members posting their obs. It
is just awesome to read reports streaming in from ALL parts of the world.  We truly ARE a global society!

Lastly, I have to say a special thanks to Pierre for taking the time and effort to post (yet again) such well crafted and enjoyable-to-read meteor reports!

Here is a summary of my visual data:
DATE: August 11/12, 2004
BEGIN: 0545 UT END: 0745 UT
OBSERVER: Joseph D. Assmus
LOCATION: Japatul Helipad  (San Diego County, California)
116 40' 04" W 32 44' 52" N  ELE = 750 m
RECORDING METHOD: pencil and paper (avg 3 sec/meteor)

PERIOD(UT)__Teff__LM_______PER__SPO

0545-0645___0.98__6.2______20____4
0645-0745___0.96__6.2______43____8

TOTAL_______1.94__6.2______63___12