(meteorobs) Analyzing 6 hrs of Perseids video from Romania

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Tue Aug 17 16:54:47 EDT 2004

> Conclusion: I rather have meteor outbursts that one can
> *see* immediately by looking at the sky and that blows
> you away - such as fabulous 1993 Perseids, let alone the
> 1999 & 2001 Leonids - rather than this one which only
> manifests itself after tedious mathematical analysis.
> The community should come up with the different term for
> these subtle rate enhancements and leave terms like
> "outburst" for the *real* sky shows.

Hi Daniel,

As far as me is concerned, I was much more impressed by the average (and
unusual) brightness of the meteors in the hours *after* the predicted peak,
than by this marginal, almost non-showup of the predicted peak. So it were
the post-peak hours that have stolen the show for me. Admittedly,
observational conditions from the Netherlands for the predicted peak were
far from ideal (twilight, low radiant).

- Marco

------
Marco Langbroek