(meteorobs) Perseid pictures online!

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 18 11:02:35 EDT 2004

on 8/18/04 7:18, Koen Miskotte at k.miskotte at wxs.nl wrote:

Hello,
During our observations at Britzingen, Germany I had three camera's in the
field. With a Canon EOS 10D in combination with a Zenitar 2.8/16 mm fish eye
lens I captured 31 meteores of magnitude 0 to -3. The best ones are shown on
my homepage, along with some other "bio" pictures.
Stay tuned for updates next week because I expect some more meteors captured
on film with two Canon T70 camera's (color slide film).
Clear sky's
Koen

Hello Koen:
   I find your Canon 10D meteor pictures interesting.  What is the maximum
exposure length you can get away with using your 10D digital?  What meteor
magnitude can you reach?
Also, how would this compare with a film camera using ISO400 film, Kodak
TriX or similar?
Any other comments would be appreciated.
Thank you:
Ed