(meteorobs) UK Woman Hit By A Meteorite?

Malcolm J. Currie mjc at star.rl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 12:44:52 EDT 2004

> The story doesn't seem to quite add up though. Usual story I guess, too
> many non-experts giving misleading information and then as usual the
> press misquote what they say...

Indeed.  Can we not provide the media with contact email addresses and
numbers so they actually speak to somebody who knows the subject, and
for instance doesn't think that meteor showers drop meteorites and know
when radiants rise...

Until we see some close-up pictures of the alleged meteorite, I'm
sceptical too.

Malcolm