Geminids (Meteorobs)

tom6740 tom6740 at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Aug 20 10:32:54 EDT 2004

Scientists have give the predictions about Leonids and Perseids, but
it seems no one has give any predictions about Geminids...

Geminids gave me a very good impression.

--- In meteorobs at yahoogroups.com, Koen Miskotte <k.miskotte at w...>
wrote:
> Hello list,
> One of my best observing nights (except de Leonids returns since
1995) is 13/14-12-1996. Maximum felt around midnight 13 december 22-
23 UT. Lm 6,6-6.7 and hourly counts up to 120. After 1;00 UT bright
Gems starts to appear with counts up to 70-80 meteors an hour.
Brightest Gems were magnitude -8, -5, -4 and many in the range 0 to -
3. This night I ended up with 1000+ meteors (teff 10+ hours). It
became a awesome night I will remember the rest of my life. Bright
Gemninid returns i have seen seven times since 1980.