(meteorobs) IMO METEOR REPORT: 08/09 Aug 2004, Lew Gramer (GRALE)

Lewis J. Gramer lgramer at upstream.net
Fri Aug 20 23:16:35 EDT 2004

My impression was exactly what you suggest, Ed - the Perseids
before the peak night of 11/12 August were surprisingly faint!

Especially if compared with their (more normal) blazing beauty
on the peak night... Of course, I couldn't be ENTIRELY sure of
this impression - since as you'll see, the Limiting Magnitude
and other conditions for me that last night were also notably
worse than they had been down on Long Key. (sigh ;>)

(BTW, that last report will have to wait until Monday now...
It's late! And if I hope to take advantage of any clear skies
THIS weekend, I need to get some sleep tonight...)

Clear skies all!
Lew