(meteorobs) e-Eridanids

Mikhail Maslov ast0 at mail.ru
Sun Aug 22 12:18:25 EDT 2004

Hi, all.

Now after Perseids people starts talking about future highlights -
Orionids, Leonids and even Geminids. I'd like to remind, that there is
a prediction of a possible outburst in the several week. I mean the
paper "Meteor Outbursts From Long Period Comets" by Esko Lyytinen and
Peter Jenniskens, in which among other they suggested, that if
e-Eridanids are formed by long-period comet, there is a possibility
thet Earth will pass at 0.00127 a.u. from dust trail causing the
outburst. Predicted time is 11 september 18:01 UT. It is noted that
Earth could face only the edge of trail.
This forecast is much less confident than of Leonids and Perseids
activity, but if it was not revised (I have no such information), it
is at least the reason to observe. The Moon will not interfere.
Any comments?

Best regards, Mikhail Maslov.