Fwd Re: (meteorobs) IMO METEOR SUMMARY REPORT: 11/12 Aug 2004, Lew Gramer (GRALE)

Lewis J. Gramer lgramer at upstream.net
Wed Aug 25 11:42:15 EDT 2004

I think Rainer meant for these comments to go out to all
'meteorobs' readers! Thanks for the feedback, Rainer. In
another private email, Rainer also mentions that there IS
a set of guidelines for reporting periods during "heavy
activity" like a Perseid peak. These are online at:
  http://www.imo.net/visual/major03.html#peaks

PS: I'll take another look at my Excel spreadsheet today,
and see what period times make sense for the activity! I
also think it may be good to make TWO separate versions
of that spreadsheet - one version for "normal" reports,
and one for higher activity like the Perseid peak (with
a magnitude distribution line for each period for one or
more of the showers observed, for example)...

Clear skies,
Lew