(meteorobs) black meteor repost

Honza verfl.meteors at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 2 02:28:57 EST 2004

Hi all,

sorry that I haven't read the forum for a while, but I'd like to add a few
to the "black" topic with my point. I usually see black meteors and I report
them as regular meteors (only withnout magnitude estimate) - that's because
I've spent several sessions looking intentionally to the very same field
with other experienced obsrevers, and almost EVERY black meteor I saw (and
they are really, deeply black) was reported by someone else as a regular
"light" meteor - and plots on gnomonics, when compared, show good
correspondence. So I've got pretty used to black meteors - there is just
some effect in my eye causing me somtimes (increasing with fatigue) to see
normal meteors as black. I suggest to anybody who sees black meteors to make
this kind of check - not to a priori omit them .

Clear skies (especially for coming Gemds)
Jan Verfl