(meteorobs) blind spots and black meteors

Kim Youmans ksyo at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 3 08:09:49 EST 2004

   Once you've seen one (I've been fortunate enough to see four) it's a
sight you won't forget.  While observing the Quadrantids about four years
ago, I saw two within the space of an hour, traveling in opposite
directions.  I've seen other meteors that seemed to be "partially" nebulous.

   Norm's description of nebulous meteors is absolutely dead-on, based on
what I saw.  Sure would be nice if someone could put forth a good
explanation for them.

Kim Y.