(meteorobs) 1200 groove/mm diffraction grating blazed @ 500

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 3 10:40:34 EST 2004

    For anyone interested in Meteor Spectroscopy there is a large ~102X102mm
- 1200 g/mm B&L reflection grating blazed for 500 (I assume that is 500 nm
but check with the seller).  Bidding starts at $1000 US$.  Do an eBay search
for "gratings" and you will find the ad.  Normally transmission gratings are
used for meteor spectroscopy but a large reflection grating has been
successfully used by the BAA.  The camera simply looks down at the
reflection grating which reflects the sector of sky your observing into the
camera lens.  I haven't got the BAA Journal reference at hand but if anyone
is interested in trying this email me and I will find the reference.  I
should note that I know nothing about the grating that is for sale so I
suggest you contact the seller regarding condition, specs etc.

Ed Majden
AMS Meteor Spectroscopy