(meteorobs) blind spots and black meteors

Kim Youmans ksyo at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 3 21:01:52 EST 2004

Richard,
        Nebulous meteors, as opposed to dark/black meteors, definitely emit
light.  What I saw were not artifacts, they were slow moving, tear-drop
shaped meteors the magnitude of which was not difficult to estimate.  The
two I saw on the Quad peak night were both SPO's and came from opposite
sides of the sky.

Kim Y.