(meteorobs) Black Meteors

Douglas L. Love dlove at greenbelt.com
Sat Dec 4 17:22:56 EST 2004

I've been meaning to weigh in on this issue.

You can trick your eye with a bright object.  Look at it for 30 seconds,
then shut your eyes,
and you will see a reverse color image.  An American flag has black
stars on an orange field,
and green and black stripes.

Perhaps you see a bright meteor with a train, then dark but not black
sky, against which you see
a reverse-color image of the meteor you just saw.  Then again, perhaps not.

--
Douglas L. Love                       "If we learn how
Faculty Recruiting: 301 985 7071 	 to give ourselves