(meteorobs) Geminid followup and more

David Stine david at exposquare.com
Thu Dec 9 10:17:20 EST 2004

Peter,

What about the predictions from Bill Cooke that were released through
Spaceweather that shows most Midwest to eastern cities in the United
States were to have anywhere from 12-20 meteors every 15 minutes between
Midnight and 3a.m. on the morning of the 14th.  That's more than one
meteor per minute which calculates to a very good shower.  I know
predicting number of meteors is not an exact science, but there is quite
a bit of difference in yours and Bills.

David Stine
Observing Chairman
Astronomy Club of Tulsa