(meteorobs) One Solitary Geminid!

FELIX A MARTINEZ suejam1 at juno.com
Sat Dec 11 17:17:59 EST 2004

        On a night that they called for "cloudy not clear,"
did I dare to look up and take a good peer.
        To my amazement, I saw star after star!
Off to bed I went to get some needed rest;
In order to observe meteors this would be best.
        Just before local midnight I awoke to look up some more,
but I could see there were clouds before I even stepped out the door.
        Yet through a big "sucker hole" did I venture to see,
a solitary Geminid that was yellow and of magnitude three!
        Albeit short, I was well pleased with this brief view,
hoping that in the following three nights, the Geminids would blaze
through!!
        Let me wish clear skies "wall to wall"
and MANY BRIGHT GEMINIDS to ALL!!!

                        In Astronomical Affinity - Felix A. Martinez

** The two big nights (12/13 & 13/14) are looking good for Central VA,
but it is definitely time to pull out the electric blanket!!  Saw my
first Geminid of this campaign, last night (10 DEC @ 2357 EST)**