(meteorobs) Geminid first impression 2004 Dec 12/13 from New Mexico

Peter peterkennett at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 13 09:33:21 EST 2004

Wow, I went out at midnight, all bundled up in my ski suit, hat, and nestled down into my
sleeping bag.  It was freezing, but the skies were absolutely still, clear and crisp.  I have a
very dark sky site well away from any city lights, and was extremely impressed with the
results from midnight until 1 AM Dec 13th.  I was seeing an average of 4 per minute, with
periods of 1 every second around 0730 GMT 13 Dec.   This lasted about 15 minutes.  I'll
be out tonight with hot chocolate!
-- CF