(meteorobs) Jets, not Geminids

Kim Youmans ksyo at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 15 21:39:02 EST 2004

Jure, Roberto, and all,

     Looks like I made a good call...the military confirmed that cold
conditions caused two of their fighter craft to have extended-range sonic
booms that would have occurred right at the time the sounds were heard
(inland).  No Geminids at fault here....
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/10424587.htm

Kim Y.