(meteorobs) Wanted: Weatherproof Microphone

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 17 13:34:18 EST 2004

I'm looking for a surplus or used Weatherproof Microphone Unit, type 4184
sold by Bruel Kiaer or similar type. Low freq. response to 4 Hz. These are
sometimes placed around airports for noise abatement studies. I would like
one for an amateur astronomy project, the recording of sonic booms generated
by meteor fireballs along with an all-sky video of the fireball. It must be
inexpensive as I don't have funding to support this experiment.  New ones
are rather expensive unfortunately!  Can anyone help?

Ed Majden
West Coast Sandia Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay B.C. CANADA

http://members.shaw.ca/epmajden/index.htm

STOP LIGHT POLLUTION IN THE COMOX VALLEY - INSTALL SHARP CUT-OFF LIGHTING
AND REPLACE THE OLD COBRA HEAD LIGHT POLLUTING FIXTURES.  SEE THE STARS
AGAIN AS THEY WERE MEANT TO BE SEEN!