(meteorobs) Re: Asymmetric Geminids

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Sat Dec 18 22:26:52 EST 2004

Bruce and All,

I did not see an answer to your question so I thought I suggest reading the
following:

http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/geminidhistory.html

This is from Gary Kronk's book on Comet's and Meteor Showers. I'm not sure
if this is still the current belief as the Geminid rates were expected to
fall during the 1990's and into the 21st century. Obviously this is not the
case as was witnessed this past week.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford