(meteorobs) Re: Zeta Aurigids? etc.

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon Dec 20 17:55:20 EST 2004

Ed and All,

The odds of your meteors being Zeta Aurigids are remote. The main reason I
believe this is that this shower is near the limit of visual detection even
at maximum (late December/early January). The odds of seeing two in the same
session two weeks before maximum is not good. I believe your meteors were
sporadic.

I also doubt if there is any connection with the anthelion radiant either
for the reason you mentioned.

I found your other comments interesting. Congratulations on passing such a
milestone. It would be interesting to see the percentages of all my meteors
too. Despite the strong Leonid activity from 99-02, I believe my totals for
the Perseids and Geminids would far exceed the Leonids. I was seeing a lot
of Perseids and Geminids long before the Leonids came back to life.

Bob