(meteorobs) A Man who Loved the Stars

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 21 16:50:17 EST 2004

on 12/21/04 13:06, George Gliba at gliba at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

> Meteorobs Folks,
>
> I have some sad news for those of you who didn't know, the well known and
> admired GSFC astronomer Walter A. Feibelman passed away about a month ago at
> the age of 79. I just learned about it today.

    Sad news, indeed!  Dr. Feibelman was also involved with meteor
spectroscopy.  An example of a 35 mm camera meteor spectrum can be found in
the August 1974 issue of Sky & Telescope on page 128.  A fine example of a
Perseid spectrum secured with simple equipment.
    He will sadly be missed.

Ed Majden
AMS Meteor Spectroscopy