(meteorobs) Police and astronomical observations

Richard Kramer kramer at sria.com
Tue Dec 28 15:10:36 EST 2004

At 10:29 AM 12/28/04 -0500, you wrote:

>when three police cars rolled up and several police got out with their
>guns drawn

>I realize they are just doing their jobs as there are real nuts out there
>to worry about!

It's no coincidence that in the US you are far more likely to be accidently
shot by police officers "just doing their jobs" than by anybody else. It
can be dangerous to assume that the local authorities in the US are
properly trained and appropriately tempermented, particularly if you happen
to be unconventional in appearance or of the "wrong" color.

Richard