(meteorobs) Re: South Delta Aquarids - what is known?

Sergey Shanov shanov-2004 at yandex.ru
Sat Jul 3 02:35:52 EDT 2004

> I'd be quite interested to hear from our theoreticians on
> 'meteorobs' about this often-overlooked shower - as well as
> any stories from our long-experienced observers about them!

The last year we had seizing history. The group of the schoolboys has
observed meteoric storm SDA (within several day)! However I watched this
surprising meteor shower as well has refuted this message. It were the
absolutely not purposeful observations. Each schoolboy noted a meteor and
added it to meteors, which saw others...
The maxima SDA is located is surprising successful. If on Perseids new moon,
on SDA a full moon (and on the contrary). I try always to look SDA, when
Moon allows. At the end of July - beginning of August this stream is see
more up, than Perseids. Combinations fast Perseids, not bright Aquarids and
very bright, slow alpha-Capricornids at this time magnificent show! We try
always widely to illuminate such period in the Internet on Russian.
Sergey