(meteorobs) Fwd: [IMO-News] Phoenicids Meteor shower peak?

Lewis J. Gramer lgramer at upstream.net
Tue Jul 13 13:23:40 EDT 2004

> Sorry to forward this time-sensitive query so late. Is
> anyone aware of any outburst predictions for the PHEs?
>                                                  ***
> PS: Paul is not a current 'meteorobs' reader. If you do
> reply, please MANUALLY cc 'thestarman at homemail.com.au'.
>
> Clear skies,
> Lew Gramer

PS: Looking over the IMO Calendar for this year, I wonder
if the Australian press may be the victims of confusion
between the "July Phoenicids" (PHE) which peak today and
have not been known to produce outbursts, and the (simply
named) "Phoenicids" (PHO), which peak in mid-Summer Down
Under (6 December), and DID have just one major outburst,
in 1956, which the IMO Calendar says produced that exact
Zenithal Hourly Rate mentioned by Paul of 100... ?

 http://www.imo.net/calendar/cal04.html#July-Phoenicids

 http://www.imo.net/calendar/cal04.html#Phoenicids

Clear skies,
Lew