(meteorobs) ADDED BONUS for South Delta Aquarid observers! (Fwd: Severe aurora storm in progress)

Kim Hay kimhay at kingston.net
Tue Jul 27 20:08:45 EDT 2004

On 27 Jul 2004 at 18:41, Lewis J. Gramer wrote:

Hi Lou,

thanks for the note, but just to let everyone know there is also a
chance for Aurora, to the mid states, of course if it is clear.

In my neck of the woods, since the large sunspot has flared and
produced aurora, it has been cloudy, and now rain.  Though we need it
it would be nice to observe meteors and aurora.

till the next clear night

 > For those lucky meteor observers who might have some clear skies
> tonight, here's an added incentive to stay up and try to observe the
> South Delta Aquarids and other minor showers of the "Aqr-Cap Complex",
> late tonight and tomorrow night - you may catch the tail end of this
> auroral activity!
>
> Moonset in many places is 3 hours or more before the start of morning
> twilight tonight, and 2 hours (in places) tomorrow night! (Of course,
> if you're near or in the Tropics, you may have to miss the aurora...)
>
> Clear skies all, for the Aqr-Caps and/or for the aurora! :)
>
> Lew Gramer
> Cloudy Boston MA USA

Kim
Starlight Cascade Observatory