(meteorobs) Observing Meteors

vijayl at vsnl.com vijayl at vsnl.com
Wed Jul 28 09:08:29 EDT 2004

Dear Friends,

I have been reading your mails regarding your observations of meteors.
I have tried many times observing meteors earlier with a partial success during LEONIDS storms since year 2000. But ever since I got membership of this group I have not been able to watch any due overcast skies because of monsoons. I hope somehow I manage to get at a place with clear skies between 10 and 12 August.
I have one difficulty. I do not understand how does one measure the magnitude of illuminance of meteor. Could any one of you explain it to me.

Thanks.
Clear skies!

Vijay Likhite
Mumbai, India.