(meteorobs) Re: Aquarids and Alpha Capricornids

Bertunit at aol.com Bertunit at aol.com
Fri Jul 30 23:20:12 EDT 2004

I did get out and observe 7/26 am this year, rates from +38.5
degree latitude was good for that particular morning.

One thing I will say is that the Alpha Caps were certainly better
than last year, and seemed a bit brighter as well.

Even had a nice Pisces Austrinid that morning.  Full report over the
weekend.

I plan to post my last year July 29-30 2003 report this weekend as well.
STRONG activity that nite from SDA's in particular.

Perseids are a bit on the dim side from the ones I have seen.

One last thing, Norman and I over a vacation visit in June discussed the
South Delta Aq.'s maximum and also think the max is actually a couple
days after the usually stated max. going back years in observing. You would
think the Australians would have data on this for us.

Next year maybe a general call for observations on the SDA's to pin
down the max a bit better. NDA's are fairly active then as well, better
than the 1 or 2 an hour in the last sev. yrs. in late July.

Regards,

Bert Matous
Overland Park KS
(MATBE)