(meteorobs) observation report VANMC 21-22 may

Michel Vandeputte michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 12:53:34 EDT 2004

Hi Lew, list,

> Do you distinguish Bob Lunsford's various "complexes" of
> sporadics when observing, Michel? (Bob has identified a
> slow- to medium-speed Anthelion "radiant" or complex, as
> well as fast north and south Apex complexes year-round,
> in his excellent weekly Meteor Outlook.)

Yep : during spring nights I always make a difference between apex sporadics
and other sporadics. But  for my formal meteor reports, all the sporadics
are classified as "sporadics". Not as NPX, SPX and SPOR as in the NAMN
reports.
In my personal note books, I always mention how many apex sporadics and
anthelion meteors are observed during an interval session.

> PS: I also wanted to ask Michel and other DMS observers,
> what velocities you use when trying shower associations
> for non-IMO showers (e.g., Alpha Sco, Tau Her) you log?

I am also using the other meteor activity sources, especially those from DMS
"research" using the famous  "Meteor Stream Activity "by Peter Jenniskens
which contains information about many other  minor meteor showers as the Tau
Herculids, Alfa Scorpeids, Omega Scorpeids, Eta Lyrids, Psi CYgnids, Kappa
Aquarids, Leo Minorids,...Minor showers, but they do exist !

> Clear skies!
> Lew Gramer

Either !
Long trains !