(meteorobs) previsions for June Bootids

Lyytinen Esko Esko.Lyytinen at MINEDU.FI
Thu Jun 3 02:40:33 EDT 2004

Hi,

The reflex motion of the Sun method was developed and can be used for
some approximation of outbursts, possibly to appear ONLY for meteor
showers from long period comets (1-revolution trail-encounters) and is
not expected to have much value for short period comet outbursts.

Esko

Can too I do previsions for June Bootids?
     I utilise the work of P. Jenniskens on the reflex motion of the Sun
(Astronomy and Astrophysics 7.6.1996).
     The following data are extrapolations of Jenniskens work.
     The clone, or near, of the meteor shower of 1998 shall come back in
2022: two other years should be 2010, the next meteor shower (for
America but with Full Moon!), and 2046, too the years 2031-2032, this
it's all until 2050.
The ZHR should be from the best:
2046, 2010, 1998, 2022, 2031-2032.
Best greetings.