(meteorobs) FW: [RASCals] FIREBALL ALERT

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 3 12:10:33 EDT 2004

----------
From: Ed Majden <epmajden at shaw.ca>
\
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 08:21:59 -0700

Subject: [RASCals] FIREBALL ALERT

JUNE 3, 2004   Time: 02:40:13 Pacific Daylight Time

Does anyone have any information about a very bright fireball observed over
southern British Columbia early this morning at 02:40:13 a.m. P.D.T.?  I
have just checked the EMO tape at Courtenay and I have recorded a
spectacular fireball near my south east horizon.  Camera operators, please
check your tapes.
    Reports just arriving indicate sonic booms were heard in the Northern
Washington State area.  I am interested in any observations of this
fireball.

Ed Majden  EMO Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay, B.C.
MIAC Associate