(meteorobs) possible fireball in Portugal - update

Andrei Ol'khovatov olkhov at mail.ru
Fri Jun 4 10:55:24 EDT 2004

It looks like "airplane associated" indeed. Airplane's contrails illuminated
by sun?
The only strange thing is that (if I correctly understand) the Portuguese
AirForce completely failed to indentify them as airplanes... Just a large
airplane with transponder etc. can cruise at 12 km altitude. Maybe some
confusing, misunderstanding, etc.
I hope that Paulo will update on the development.

Best,
Andrei Ol'khovatov