(meteorobs) The Ukrainian fire-ball of June 4 2004 and others

Sergey Shanov shanov-2004 at yandex.ru
Sat Jun 5 04:34:47 EDT 2004

> Hi, observers!
Happy I on curious observations!
Today in evening 04.06.04 has quitted for to inhale of fresh air. The sky
was almost pure, light cirrus clouds along horizon. Yet not very much has
darkened and stars up to 2-3 m easily were visible only. I have examined the
sky and has lowered a head downwards... And in this moment all around of me
was lit by bright white light, as if someone for half-seconds has included
and here has switched off moon in a phase 5-6 days! I instantaneous,
probably for 0,1-0,2 sec has raised a head and has seen fast dying away
residual from a meteor (or fire-ball) approximately 3m hardly orange of
shade. It has vanished extremely fast, I even speed it had not time to
estimate. Time observations 18:27 UT with a possible error in 1 min. A place
of observation - Ukraine (Sevastopol: +44deg. 38min. N., 33deg. 32 min E)
the Residual of a body was watched in 5 degrees (with a possible error in 1
degree) to east from Polar.
Such bright "pies" in the sky fly!
Yours faithfully,
Sergey Nazarov