(meteorobs) June's daylight meteors

David Entwistle david at d-entwistle.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jun 5 09:18:26 EDT 2004

You may wish to have a look at the radio meteor counts for June. Radio-
meteor observers, with antennas pointing roughly due south, are showing
distinct double humps in the daily rates, suggesting strong day-time
meteor activity.

RMOBs
http://radio.data.free.fr/main.php3
or
http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/leolive01.htm
and my own...
http://www.d-entwistle.fsnet.co.uk/Results/Months/Jun.htm

The timing of the peaks and the associated lull, suggests that the
majority of current activity has a radiant in the area around Aries and
Taurus.

Alastair McBeath has listed three active daylight showers on the Society
of Popular Astronomy web site, meteor section - the Arietids, the
Perseids and Beta Taurids.

http://www.popastro.com/sections/meteor/meteor-activity.htm

Does anyone have any experience of a more detailed analysis of RMOBS
data? I'd be interested to know what techniques are used, but I guess it
is pretty difficult to do.

--
David Entwistle